Free download BMW E-sys 3.30.0 software:
Download E-sys 3.30.0 JAVA memory >2Gb:
vcredist_x64.exe : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
Java JRE 8 x64 : http://www.filedropper.com/jre-8u144-windows-x64_1
Note: NEVER tested; Unknown RISK
Better go to tested version: E-sys 3.23.4 for ENET cable
How to install E-sys 3.30.0 with Java 32 bit:
For flashing failure risks to minimize, you need as much JAVA memory as you can have.
E-sys 3.30.0 comes standard with Java 32 bit, maximizing usable memory to 2Gb (actually less, because runtime uses lots of Mb’s as well. Thx Tokenmaster).
Default setting in E-sys 3.30.0 is 1024Mb. You can change it (in esys.bat; thx Shawn)to about 1500Mb. If you set too high, E-sys won’t start anymore. Just trial&error.
If you want more usable memory to further reduce memory related flash failures, upgrade Java to 64bit:
1. Download/Install vcredist_x64.exe (see link)
2. Download/Install JRE 8 x64 (see link)
3. Delete JRE folder in c:\EC-apps\ESG\E-Sys\jre
4. Rename just installed JRE 8 x64 folder(c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144) to JRE and move to c:\EC-apps\ESG\E-sys\jre.
5. Change memory setting in esys.bat:
:set OPTION_MEMORY=-Xmx3000m (or 2048 or 4000 or whatever)
6. Run E-sys and close E-sys
7. Open last LOG file in c:\Data\Logs\
8. Search for : “Java (max)” Without quotes to check your present max usable memory
9. Use E-sys software with decreased flash failure risks
For me this was solution for NBT flash issues!