BMW Rheingold –the replacement ISTA-D system for BMW diagnosis works with E and F series. Rheingold is default to work with BMW ICOM A2 emulator, but some have achieved it on INPA and ENET cable.
BMW ENET Cable for F series
BMW Rheingold software
A laptop (running VMware is required)
ENET cable comes with E-sys software CD, E-sys will not do programming, Rheingold will.
Configuring Rheingold ISTA on ENET cable:
- Open used for connection network adapter properties, then “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” properties, then enter 169.254.1.1 for “IP address” and 255.255.0.0 for “Subnet mask”.
- If VMware is installed, open Virtual Network Editor and disconnect from the host any adapters with Subnet Address 169.254.0.0.
- Connect ENET cable with car and the other end to PC, turn ignition on
- Now run BMW Rheingold ISTA using shortcut in start menu and wait until it boots, then press setting button
- Select “VCI Config” tab and “HO-ICOM/ENET local and ISIS network”, then press “OK”
- Go “Operations”, then “Read Out Vehicle Data” and “Complete Identification”
- Select your ENET connection from the list and press “Set up connection” button.
- Alternatively you select “HO-ICOM/ENET direct connection” in “VCI Config” tab and “ENET” mode with empty “IP-Address” filed during connection setup.
- Installing BMW Rheingold on ENET cable for F-series is completed. Start running software.
Relate Hot BMW Diagnostic Tool products: