ABRITES Commander for BMW is a diagnostic software to the vehicle (identification, trouble codes etc.), mileage recalibration, key programming, programming vehicle order. It can access CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 and CAS3+ by OBDII independent from the firmware of the CAS. Also you can perform unusual for remaining diagnostic tools operations with the electronic modules inside of the vehicle. Access to the EEPROM memory of the units in the vehicle.
The user manual includes the following parts:
Recommended operation system
BMW FVDI Functions
BMW FVDI Special Functions
BMW FVDI ABRITES commander software display
BMW body types covered
Recommended operation system:
can only use on XP system computer (cpu 1.8 + memory 2G+)
BMW FVDI commander Functions:
- Identification (VIN, mileage, production data)
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (current, history and shadow)
- Added DTCs in 17 DTC conditions information (Odometer value, Timestamp, full engine status report for EDC17)
- Some DTCs (mostly that of F series) are given detailed documentation of what caused the problem and how the problem should be handled
- Manager of service intervals, reset service reminders (CBS)
- Measured values/live data
- Read and Program Engine Control Unit flash memory for tuning purposes by OBDII
- Entering and leaving from logistic mode of the modules in the vehicle
- Synchronization DME/DDE and EWS/CAS, CAS and ELV
- Enable / Disable of the keys
- Enable / Disable of TV function for E3x,E46,E5x,E83,E85,E86 (for the next bodies available via unit coding)
- Ability for diagnostic on internal CAN buses
- Read / Program mileage from the IKE, LCM, EWS, ECU, ABS, VTG, EGS (please refer coverage list)
- Displaying KEY CUTTING code (mechanical code) stored in CAS modules
BMW FVDI Special Functions:
- Service intervals/CBS – ability for programming of service counters by OBDII
- Programming flash memory of all electronic control units by OBDII (can be used directly databases released from BMW)
- Programming Vehicle Order data (you can add new units to configuration of the vehicle) – E body
- Coding (configuration) of each electronic control unit in the vehicle – E body
- Programming identification of the modules in the vehicle
- Programming User Information Fields in the electronic modules
- Read / Write of memory of the electronic control modules
- Program mileage stored in CAS1, CAS2 and CAS3 by OBDII
- Program keys by OBDII – CAS1, CAS2 and CAS3 systems – support latest versions CAS3 updated in 2011 year
- Key programming for CAS3+ with latest firmware version (ISTA-P 45)
- Preparing a keys by dump for BMW models with CAS4 – newest BMW 1, 5, 5 GT, 6, 7, X3 series ( body Fxx)
- Read / Write eeprom from CAS1 via OBDII
- Read / Write eeprom data from CAS2/CAS3 via dash connector or cas-connector
- Read / Program mileage stored in different electronic control units by OBDII like ECU, EGS, SGM, JBBF and many others
- Extracting and programming synchronization code between ECU and CAS by OBDII
- Ability to works together with transponder programmer
BMW FVDI ABRITES commander software display:
BMW body types covered:
–When obtaining authorization, operate by following the next steps:
1. Connect the Softdog to FVDI. Do not connect Softdog to the computer, otherwise the Softdog green light or red light will on, and result in authorization fail.
2. Use USB cable to connect FVDI and the computer, but do not connect FVDI to the car. Wait until FVDI green light on and Softdog red light on, you succeed getting authorization. If FVDI red light on or Softdog green light on, repeat the above steps.
—After get authorization for FVDI, follow the next steps to connect:
1. Connect the Softdog to FVDI (Note: do not connect Softdog to the computer).
2. Use USB cable to connect FVDI and the computer. Wait until FVDI green light on and Softdog red light on, connect Softdog USB cable to the computer. During the procedure, the Softdog red light keeps on (Note: do not connect FVDI to the car)
3. Till the above 2 steps work well, connect FVDI to the car.
1.The fvdi software can only install in XP system computer
2.When you activate,Please choose a stable internet,not connect computer by WIFI,otherwise you get error “connecting to server….failed”.
3.If you have problem of install FVDI, please contact us,we can help you by remote control.
4.Please don’t use other seller software on our unit.
Before update, you need advise the FVDI ID first, we will check if the ID is in the update list which can be update by email, if not in the list, can not do it yourself. you need send back the multiplexer to us for updating. and you need pay for the shipping cost of it.
Q1: FVDI BWM supports B-M-W CAS4 for not?
A1: Yes it can do BMW CAS4
Q2: When I update the FVDI B-W-M,it shows “error4” ,and the indicate light turns from green to red on the multiplexer
A2: It means you failed the update,just do it again.
Q3: Is there CAS Connector in the package?
A3: Yes there is.
Q4: Can I use the original AVDI with this FVDI/AVDI ?
A5: Our FVDI/AVDI both software and hardware can not compatible with the original AVDI.so you could only use our hardware and software together.
Q5: Can I get update of FVDI/AVDI software in the future ?
A5: yes, for the software you have bought, the future update is free for ever.updating patch will be sent via email ,when new version released.but other software you have to buy it.
Q6: if I want to buy other software in the future, do I have to buy the hardware together?
A6: one hardware can work with all the software that been distributed, just tell us the ID of your hardware, then we will send you software that suit for your hardware.but if there is extra cable, you have to buy the extra cable.only Mercedes has 6 extra cables, and vag, mercedes, BMW have the same dongle cable, other software don’t have this dongle cable.