This post firstly collect ECU tunners feedback on the differences of MPPS, Kess, Fgtech and ktag-trasdata, then separately list Fgtech China clone feedback, finally list all the available best selling and good quality China clone Kess, ktag, MPPS and ktag. Hope it is helpful.
Post content list:
- ECU tunners feedback on MPPS, Kess, Fgtech and ktag-trasdata
- Fgtech China clone feedback
- ECU programmers ECU tunners prefer to own and think worth the money
ECU tunners feedback on the differences of MPPS, Kess, Fgtech and ktag-trasdata:
- Kess (even china good clone)…more stable than Mpps on can-line and good job on recovery…mpps good job on k-line (sometimes and can-line)…fgtech (i hate this tool)-but sometimes save your as…and best ktag-trasdata-no obd but safe boot mode,pinout direct conection and bdm…i talk about low price tools.
- KESS V2 is a ECU programming tool that is perfect for OBD use, while KTag is perfect for Jtag, BDM and all the Boot application (tricore and ST10).With KESS V2 you programming directly through the OBD port of the vehicle, while with Ktag you need to take apart the ECU and open it, after you can make the read/write operation.
Many ECU has the advantage that can be read and write from OBD port (so KESS V2 is perfect), but there are lot ECU that need to disassemble from the car and open and this is the case for all the ECU that need to be programmed with Jtag, BDM and Boot protocols, so KTAG is needed.
Fgtech Galletto ECU programming tool is perfect for both OBD use and BDM use. Fgtech Galletto is the no tokens limitation while KESS V2 and Ktag will use tokens.
In a word, being a professional ECU tunner, you need all above-mentioned tools.
- Fgtech China clone feedback:
Fgtech Galletto china clone is no gold immersions but PCB and soldering quality is really very good, Fgtech galletto china clone have the same component of EU clone.
Also I have 2 galletto. One with yellow relays and second one with black. Both of them works very good.
I test FGtech galletto V54 on Audi 2009, Tiguan 2009, Passat 2009 and Golf 6 2009. It supports not all ecus edc17, Sure edc17cp04 and edc17cp14 year 2009 can read-write in obd. But edc17cp20, edc17cp44,etc, etc same year, have tricore protected active, and if you write in obd, ecu bloqued. I think TProt on VAG are present from 05/2009 but is very random this option is most present on engine with low power and is not compeer to years or ecu type.The best way to know if tp is active is always bootmode and read tag on file.
Fgtech Galletto china clone tested success:
· ME 7.3.1
· edc16c39 read time 40 MINUT!
· id Alfa 147 immo off (k line /boot mode)
· edc16c31 obd
· BMW X5 2007 3.0TDI
· EDC16 OBD
· BMW 525 (E39)
· BMW 320D E46
· bmw e90
· Grande Punto read 1_3 MJT 75 hp
· delphi CRD2
· Opel Corsa-D CAN
· edc15c7 boot mode (ID problems)
· EDC 16C34
· EDC16c3 K line
· Renault Delphi 2007 k-line
· Golf Plus 2006 2.0TDI
· A4 2.0 tdi 2008
· Skoda octavia vrs 2005
· EDC15P K lINE
· VW crafter READ
· VW Golf5 1.9TDI
· Audi A6 V8 4.2l Petrol (over OBD fuse for dash fuse 11 or 15 , but it worked after pulling the fuse for dash and it went 100%)
· But edc17cp20, edc17cp44, etc, etc same year, have tricore protected active, and if you write in obd, ecu bloqued.
- BMW E70 3.0D EDC16
· bmw. edc16c35 from
· (Opel) EDC16c9
· iveco edc16 BDM
Via BOOT TRICORE
- Audi A6
These ECU programmers ECU tunners prefer to own and think worth the money:
MPPS V16.1.02 (Item No. SE106), it is best selling, €13.99 free shipping.
Kess V2 V2.15 V4.036 master (Item No SE87-C), €76 free shipping, it is proved worth the money:
Kess V2 V2.15 V4.036 master (Item No.SE87-D), €149.95 + shipping cost, best quality with higher price:
K-TAG V2.13 Firmware V6.070 master (Item No.SE80-C), €65+ shipping cost, it’s best selling:
K-tag KTM100 V2.13 Firmware V7.003 Master (Item No. SE80-D), its best quality with higher price, €289 + shipping cost:
FGTech V54 Galletto 4 Master (Item No. SE61-G), it is best selling, €56.95 free shipping,
FYI, what is the difference between master and slave version?
if you have master version you can work directly on the program you have write on the vehicle (tunning, egr off, ….) and rewrite after directly.
if you are a slave customer (who depend of a master (who do modificated), you read the programme (scripted by genius), you send it to the master, he do what you want (money paid) and he re-sent to you to write in the ecu machine.
it is expensive for the slave user who depend of a master.