What does CN900 auto key programmer/key copy machine work and not work? Let’s look at some reviews from experienced locksmith/technician.
I have been using CN900 for more than 6 months and think it is a reasonable good tool for it’s price.
- it reads and copies all 4C easy, 100% works.
- Mine comes with 4D -decoder, it failed decoding most of the first time, but if you keep trying a couple of times, it will work eventually. the decoding time is about 2~3 minutes.
- it does NOT copy 46, and will never do without adding external box, e.g extra money.
- CN1 and CN2 can be re-used over and over again, big plus when doing 4C eeprom production.
- it’s size is same as carbon chip, you can put them into remote key. For some jobs I rather copying than programming. minor extra cost but safer and quicker, move on to next job quicker.
- It allows you to edit 4C / ID13 EEPROM data on screen, it helps me doing a lot of hard jobs like Toyota 4C , Honda red key systems..
- it reads Toyota Smart key data.
- Touch screen and fast boot-up time in 10 seconds.
- can copy 4c and 4d67 to CN4c and CN4d chips…These are special Chinese made chips and can be copied only to these chips… I guess it specially made for TOYOTA (sounds weird)…coz I had no trouble copying Toyota 4c and 4d67 chips till now.. We have made a lot of them with around 95% success rate.
- The only reason I ordered CN900 is because with one type of chip ( CN-1 ), can clone all 4C and 4D only except ID 46 and 48.
- Chinese cn900 was the original, update online. I have the original CN900 so my supplier tells me; I just updated mine to the newest version via internet. It was one of the most scary times in my life but I followed the instructions on the website and all is good. Worked perfectly.
Compared with RW4, Keyline 884 …and JMA solution, CN900 costs a fraction of above products.
Please do NOT get me wrong, I own JMA-TRS5000 ( genuine) and still have 100+ of TPX2/3 in my van.
It was one of the most scary times in my life but I followed the instructions on the website and all is good. Worked perfectly. I will now order the 4d decode box
OEM has the same update firmware.
Just got my 4D decoder box, plugged it in, my supplier kindly found the power lead for me so I dont need two power packs. I only have one EMU type 4D 60 key from a Suzuki that I copied the other day to try but it worked perfectly. Whereas decode by PC wouldn’t so Im happy. CN900 now shows “Decoding via 4D decoder box” on the screen
I have used CN900 copied many 4C and 4D, all successful at the end , although sometimes decoding failed, and I have to cycle power. In term of 4D63, it has been all successful although some people the CN2 ( for 4D) is not sensitive enough for some Ford vehicles. Mazda is fine I believe.
From my personal opinion it is a good for 4C and 4D copying but lack of pre-coding ID46 chips and EEPROM jobs. it is NOT a full range transponder programmer but give it’s price I regard it a supplement programmer for my Tango ( genuine) and CodeReader2 ( very good).
ID46 decoder box can copy all ID46 chip:
BMW 46 chip
ACURA 46 chips
Honda CRV FIT(NEW) Accord(2008) Civic 46 chips
Mazda haima 46 chips
Mitsubishi 46 chips
Buick GMC CRUZE 46 chip
New Chery tiggo A3 46 chips
Nissan TIIDA TENNA LIVINA Sylphy Nissan QASHQAI Q35 46 chip
Brilliance 46 chip
Peugeot/Citroen 307 206 -46 chips
Triumph Senna 406 (2001year)
Picasso 46 chip
Suzuki swifts SX4 46 chip
Land Rover FREELANDER 46 chip
Geely dedicated 46 chip
CN900 is not able to use TPX1/2, nor Silca EH2.
If you are not buying a genuine CN900 then buy a Quickly programmer.
CN900 new update claims to add Toyota G chip copy, cannot wait to test how it works.