This blog is about how INPA K+DCAN cable do BMW E series coding and BMW ENET coding cable do BMW F series coding. Instead of going to the dealership coding by yourself using these cheap cables can save you lots of money!
First, what can a successful BMW Coding bring you?
-Key fob with open/close of windows/mirrors/sunroof
-Euro double blinking hazards
-Comfort Eject- Key fob eject automatically, no need to depress it out of fob socket (E series only)
-license plate on when alarm is deactivated
-fog stay on while flashing high beams
-fogs stay on with high beams on
-CIC module DVD in motion
-air bag warning
-windows safety feature disabled. Windows roll up with door open
-seat belt warning/ chime disabled.
-remove bulb errors
Second, how to do BMW E series coding and BMW F series coding?
- For BMW E series coding:
Recommended Hardware: INPA K+CAN BMW cable (Only $17.5/ €16)
Recommended Software: BMW INPA, EDIABAS and NCS EXPERT
How to do BMW E series coding? (Set how to activate BMW remote windows up as example)
(Plug INPA cable into the USB port on your laptop, Windows XP system would be preferred, install INPA driver and then NCS Expert software)
- Start by creating a blank “FSW_PSW.MAN” in the WORK folder.
- Open NCS Expert.
- Select the appropriate profile
- Click on VIN/ZCS/FA, select your chasis, and then select the appropriate ECU (I think EWS in the E39s case)
- Click back
- Click on “process ECU” and select the GM3.
- Click the button to read the ECU data.
- Go back to the work folder, and there should be an FSW_PSW.TRC file that has data only from the GM3. In there will be a line that says “KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB”. Under that it’ll say “nicht_aktiv”. Change that to “aktiv”
- Click file>save as> and then where it says file type, change it to “all”
- Save the file as “FSW_PSW.MAN” and say yes when it asks you to overwrite.
- Now back in NCS Expert, change the job type to “SG_CODIEREN”
- Hit execute job.
Now with BMW INPA K+CAN cable you can roll up the car windows via remote key!
- For BMW F series coding:
Recommended Hardware: BMW ENET cable (Only $12/ €11)
Recommended Software: BMW E-sys
How to do BMW F series coding? (Set F30 NBT KOMBI coding Steps as example)
Open E-sys interface, click on Connection icon
Select TargetSelector: Project=F020_15-7_502, VehicleInfo=F02; check the connection: click Connect
Go to Expert mode->Coding->Read->FA. Right click FA to activate an FA then FA is “Active”
Click Read (ECU), select folder HU_JNBT . Click Read Coding Data, select CAFD_00000DED_001_020_106 to Edit FDTL
Search for kombi, go to HOMBI_CIC->Ausgelesen, EDIT item to kombi-low. Then go to SETTINGS_INFO_DISPLAY->Ausgelesen, EDIT item to aktiv, save data
Go to Coding->CAFD_00000DED_001_020_106. Click Code FDL, CAFD_00000DED_001_020_106 finished. Click Close
Done! BMW F30 NBT KOMBI coding is complete by BMW ENET Interface Cable!