Launch is a trustworthy brand in OBD diagnosis field. There are so many Launch X431 clones, especially Bluetooth Diagun III flooding into the aftermarket. Here gives some tips on telling the original Launch X431 product from clone?
ⅠLAUNCH X431 Package Box
- Original X431 package box is bright yellow color, the clone one looks tarnished;
- The original X431 “LAUNCH” Logo flashes in bright red, while the clone one looks darker;
- Original Launch X431 package box is made glossy smooth, but the clone is roughly made.
- The original X431 Super 16-pin connector comes with Serial Number, but the clone does not;
- Original X431 Connector has bright QC mark, the clone look darker;
- Original connector’s screen print turns to grey, but the clone one is in black.
- The two lines below original 16-pin connector screen print marked in red, while the clone is in purple color.
- The SUPER 16-pin connector box has S/N mark, while the clone one does not.
NOTE: Please buy original LAUNCH X431 product from authorized dealer.
This is from obd tool website technical support: How to tell if LAUNCH X431 Diagun III is clone or original