Which EDC17 Reader works well for a good price?
BDM100, FGTECH 54, MPPS v16, kess v2.06 or any other tools/ solution is optional?
Let’s hear from some experienced ECU tunners.
- For EDC16 iam using BDM100 from china.
- I USE FGTECH 54 AND IS OK. no problem.
- I read one EDC17 in Audi A4 with MPPS v16.
- Another EDC17 I read in boot mode with galletto v54 good china clone… Do job perfectly.
When you have problem, just try this way: uninstall all fgtech software. Install basic version. Connect tool and give drivers. Unplug tool. Remove basic. Install Win7 version. Plug tool + drivers. Done.
- I use the kess v2.06 reworked pcb and fw updated, like 08 what is available…is great tool, recently KESS FM V4.036 available, haven’t test it, but I think it will do. As told by eobd2.fr customer service, the older fw kess v2 is available to update firmware by returning back the main unit to them and charge $89, but the QC number has to be ended with 015.
- I use byteshooter does most ecus obd2, inclusively edc17 first models until 2009, first generation. For late edc17 byteshooter reads very good on table, only resistor adding is needed. If you want good tool go Byteshoter. Never had issues with it. Galetto v54 reworked pcb works good too.
- CMD CAN Flasher dont can read write all edc17 by obd, only a few.