Step-by-step instruction on how to use ENET (Ethernet to OBD) cable change change FA in BMW F series… Shared here… No more words. Come to the point know!
ESYS 3.22.5 and V49.4 data
Procedure to change FA:
- Start E-sys program, and connect to car by clicking icon at the top.
- Select your car, and click connect. Select interface depending on interface you will be using. If you use BMW ENET cable, select connection via VIN at the bottom.
- Go to expert mode > coding. Click read under vehicle order to read FA from car. Click edit.
- Screen will automatically change to FA-editor. Right-click on FA, and choose “calculate FP”.
- Once finished, vehicle profile is shown on right. Expand FAList on left, to SALAPA-element.
- Delete/add FA from the bottom left window, and click apply changes icon.
- New FA must be verified before it can be written to car. Right-click FA and calculate FP again. If FA entered is wrong, error will be shown. For example, “DDD” is not correct FA and E-sys will display error message. After FP is calculated, save the new FA.
- Go to Expert mode > VCM. Load your saved FA file, right-click on FA and calculate FP again.
- Click VCM master tab, and click write FA FP. New FA will be written to the car.
- Click “read FA FP VIN” button and check FA to make sure changes are saved to the car.
Free download “Full BMW and Mini VO FA List.pdf”
This is from www.eobdtool.co.uk website technical support: How to use E-sys 3.22 to change FA in BMW F series