- What is OBDSTAR MT501?
- Why does OBDSTAR develop OBDSTAR MT501?
- What is the advanced function of OBDSTAR MT501?
- Which vehicles are supported by OBDSTAR MT501?
- How to use OBDSTAR MT501?
OBDSTAR MT501 is an automotive test platform by BENCH. It adopts the latest 3.0 APK operating platform, and supports multi-function in one, including dashboard power on, ABS power on, gear lever power on, A/C air conditioning) panel power on and more.
Nowadays, there are many instruments, stereos, gear levers on cars are powered on via CAN BUS communication to make their hosts working. These hosts fail to be powered on when technicians repair or detect them on the platform without CANBUS communication. Therefore, OBDSTAR developed MT501 to power them on the platform. Meanwhile, it makes repairing easier and saves a big cost for automotive maintenance technicians.
- New android 5.1.1 operation system;
- Simple and intuitive menu guidance allows you to quickly master the equipment operation;
- Wi-Fi connection to the internet, one-click software upgrade;
- Intelligent search, with help guide, easy to use.
1.Support dashboard power on for below brands:
For LAND ROVER
- Support BMW G series A/C panel power on
- Support LAND ROVER/JAGUAR gear lever power on
- Support BENZ ABS power on
For the detailed car models, check OBDSTAR MT501 Car List
1.Device & accessories required:
- OBDSTAR MT501 main unit
- Main cable
- OBDSTAR P004 adapter+ P004 Jumper
- 12V2A Charger
- T006 cable (optional)- LandRover/Jaguar gear lever connector
- T007 cable (optional)- Volkswagen A/C connector
- T008 cable (optional)- Mercedes Benz ABS three-way connector (204 chassis, etc)
- Dashboard/ABS/Gear Lever or Air Conditioning Panel module
2.OBDSTAR MT501 function display
- Dashboard Power On
- ABS Power On
- Gear Lever Power On
- Air Conditioning Panel Power On
Approx. 3 minutes
Power on MT501 Bench Test Platform
Enter Test Platform function
Agree with the disclaimer
Select A/C, ABS, DASHBOARD or GEARLEVER depending on your actual need
Choose the newest software version
Select car brand and model
Click Guide to check the detailed operation method
Click Pinout to check the PINOUT diagram
Follow the wiring diagram to connect device and Dashboard
Connect OBDSTART P004 Jumper to A/C, ABS, DASHBOARD or GEARLEVER
Connect OBDSTAR MT501 tablet with P004 adapter
*For LandRover/Jaguar gear lever, Volkswagen A/C and Mercedes Benz ABS module, you need to connect one side of the related connector to MT501, and connect the other side to P004 adapter
Then connect P004 adapter and P004 Jumper
Supply power to OBDSTAR MT501 with the charger
Press the start button on the P004 adapter and push the number key to ON
After connection, click Start to perform the function
Dashboard: click ON or OFF
ABS: Click Start or Stop
5.OBDSTAR MT501 video reference:
OBDSTAR MT501 Activate AUDI A4L Instrument Dashboard on bench
OBDSTAR MT501 Activate Jaguar XJ 2014 Instrument Dashboard on bench
OBDSTAR MT501 Activate Benz W205 Instrument Dashboard on bench
OBDSTAR MT501 Benz W212 Activate Instrument Dashboard on bench
OBDSTAR MT501 Activate W221 Instrument Dashboard on bench
OBDSTAR MT501 Benz W204 ABS POWER ON on bench