In the previous post, we use MPM, Godiag GT105 and Full Protocol OBD2 Jumper to read GM E38, E67 ECUs. It’s very easy and fast to operate. Some customers ask what specific function of the Full Protocol OBD2 Jumper is there. Today we will explain it carefully.
Why need a Godiag Full Protocol OBD2 Jumper?
Some devices need to reset ECU (turn off the ignition switch and turn it on after 3 seconds) for ECU reading and writing, and also need to supply 12v power for ignition, but not all ECUs can be read as well.
Some engineers know that they need to turn off the ignition. So they buy an extra cable to make an analog switch, or they turn off the ignition manually and connect cable. It’s not convenient to operate and not fit for all users.
However, the Full Protocol OBD2 Jumper is equipped with the ignition analog switch, it’s easy to use and saves your time.
What is Godiag Full Protocol OBD2 Jumper?
The Full Protocol OBD2 Jumper (Godiag Breakout Tricore Cable) is used to connect ECU for ECU programming via MPPS, FGTECH, KESS V2, BYSHUT, DISPROG, etc.
It comes with 1pc x Full protocol OBD2 jumper and 3pcs x Electrical resistance.
What’s the function of Godiag Full Protocol OBD2 Jumper?
- Supports DC power supply
- Support safety protection banana head super programming dedicated connection port power supply.
- Independent GND4, GND5 [meet the needs of special ECU programming].
- With boot GND4 clip, compatible with programming equipment such as MPPS, FGTECH, KESSV2.
- With GND4 GND5 short-circuit switch [some ECUs need to be switched to short-circuit mode when programming].
Note: The switch of GND4-5 is normally pressed to make it light. When some ECUs need to be independently connected to GND4 and GND5, release the switch.
- With ignition analog switch [equipped with 1 large and 2 small dedicated ignition cables].
Definition: After the ING ignition switch is pressed, the line marked with ING12V will have 12v, which is the analog ignition switch.
- Support standard obd2 full protocol connection [double K line, double CAN line], 3 large and 2 small power plugs, 4 large GND, 4 small GND.
- Equipped with CAN protocol communication resistance.
BMW 20, BENZ38, PSA- , DAIHATSU-4, FIAT-3, GAZ NISSAN-14 SUZUKI-3 AUDI 4, BENZ 1, CHRYSLER 6, DAEWOO 12, FORD6+1, GM12, HONDA3, KIA20, MAZDA17, MITSUBISHI 12, SSANGYONG 20, SUBARU 9, TOYOTA 17, TOYOTA 22, BENZ 8, BENZ OD1 16z
Connection diagrams of Godiag Breakout Tricore Cable and other devices:
1. With dedicated programming power connector (such as Xhorse VVDI Key Tool Plus)
2. With FGTECH (FGTECH Galletto V54)
3. With MPPS ECU programmer (MPPS V18, V21…)
4. With KESS ECU programmer (Kess V2 V5.017…)