This is original Benz key and Benz key blank.
Now, I’ll demonstrate how to use Xtool X100 PAD3 Plus Xtool KC501 to add Benz infrared key through OBD.
Ⅰ.Read the EIS Information
- Connect Xtool X100 PAD3to Wifi and enter the main menu, then choose “Benz” button.
- Accept the disclaimer.
- Choose “Infrared key system”>>“Add Key”>>“OK”.
- Connect KC501 to Xtool X100 PAD3, insert the original key into EIS, wait for 5 seconds and then remove the key from EIS, then press “OK”.
- Press “OK” to choose the communication method with EIS.
- Choose “Read via OBD”>>“Automatic Identify”, then the EIS information will be read.
- When reading EIS information is finished, click “Next” to go on.
- Insert the original key into EIS, wait for 5 seconds and then remove the key from EIS, then press “OK”.
- Insert the same original key into the key slot of KC501, and click “OK”, then we can collect data, which will take 5-15 minutes.
Ⅲ.Obtain the Password
- When collecting data is finished, insert the original key into EIS(without turning on the ignition switch), wait for 30 seconds, pull it out, and reinsert it. You may need to pull it out and reinsert in for several times. After that, click “OK”.
- After obtaining the password successfully, click “OK”.
Ⅳ.Write Key File
- Choose and input a key location to be generated, then click “OK”.
- Insert a new key into the KC501infrared key slot, then click “OK”.
- When key file has been written into a new key, click “OK”.
- When operation is completed, click “OK”.
Job is finished! Check the key to see if it can work.
The new key has been programmed and it can start the car normally. Bravo!