News for you! We tested XPROG-M V5.6.0 is operating fine to read write ECU data, and only takes 3 steps to install.
So how to install XPROG-M V5.6.0?
There are several main steps.
- Install Adobe Reader
- Registry editor
- Install device driver software
- Copy read write device data
XPROG-M V5.6.0 is operating fine on Windows XP.
If the operating system is WIN7 and other versions it may fail to install driver automatically.
The details are as follows:
1. Insert CD and double click My Computer icon.
2. Open CD storage you will see a compressed file [XPROG M 5.6.0 English] then copy this file to Desktop.
3. Decompress [XPROG M 5.6.0 English], go to [XP5.6.0 ] and find Adobe Reader file to install the application.
4. After the installation is complete, right click The “Registry Editor ” icon, then choose Merge option and click Yes and OK when the alert dialog boxes are showing.
5. Copy the XPROG-BOX 5.60 English file folder to Local Disk [C].
6. Connect the device to the computer and get windows message reading “Installing device driver software”, but unfortunately it fails to automatically install driver on win7 shown as follows, so I have to manually install the driver.
7.Right click “My Computer”, choose “Manage” option, then “Device Manager”, then right click “XPROG-box” under “Other devices” then “Update Driver Software”
9. Choose to browse location: Desktop→XPROG-BOX drive→WINDOW XP (Note: Choose the driver software from folder “WINDOW XP” will be okay.)
10. Click “Next” to continue, there is a Windows security warning message then choose the second option: “Install this driver software anyway”.
11.Right click “USB Serial Port” to choose “Update Driver Software”. You will see a prompt message and choose the second option: “Browse my computer for driver software”. Choose browse location: [WINDOW XP], And one more time ignore windows security warning message.
12. Now “XPROG-box programmer (COM4)” and “USB Input Device” can be found shown as follow, it means the driver software is installed successfully.
13. Choose the XPROG-BOX 5.60 English file folder at Local Disk [C] and find application file called XprogDesktop to open. Next you should agree Adobe Reader’s protocol.
14. Click “Device” option at toolbar of V5.6.0 and select Type→Serial EEPROM, Subtype→Atmel, Device→AT93C66
16. For convenience of use you can right click [XprogDesktop] to send V5.6.0 to desktop.